Why Choose Sentry Accident Plan?
Sentry Accident Plan
Sentry Accident Plans are available to Med-Sense Guaranteed
Association members. These can help members manage:
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Medical bills
- Drug costs
- Co-pays and deductibles
Treatment, services or supplies which:
- Are not Medically Necessary
- Are not prescribed by a Doctor as necessary to treat an Injury
- Are determined to be Experimental/Investigational in nature
- Are received without charge or legal obligation to pay
- Are received from persons employed or retained by any Family Member, unless otherwise specified or
- Are not specifically listed as Covered Charges in the Policy.
- Injury by acts of war, whether declared or not.
- Injury received while traveling or flying by air, except as a fare-paying passenger and not as a pilot or crew member, on a regularly scheduled commercial airline.
- Injury covered by Worker’s Compensation, Employer Liability law or Occupational Disease Act or Law.
- Dental treatment, except as specifically stated.
- Injury sustained while committing or attempting to commit a felony.
- Suicide or attempted suicide while sane or insane.
- Intentionally self-inflicted Injury.
- Loss resulting from being legally intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol as defined by the laws of the state or jurisdiction in which the Injury occurs.
- Loss resulting from being under the influence of any drugs or narcotic unless administered on the advice of a Doctor.
- Injury sustained while participating in or practicing for any professional or intercollegiate sports activity, except as specifically provided.
- Injury which occurs while a Covered Person is on active duty service in any armed forces. Reserve or National Guard active duty for training is not excluded unless it extends beyond 31 days.
- Injury sustained flying in an ultralight, hang gliding, parachuting or bungee-cord jumping, by flight in a space craft or any craft designed for navigation above or beyond the earth’s atmosphere.
- Injury sustained while driving or riding on vehicles for off-road use including but not limited to all-terrain vehicles (ATV’s).
- Injury sustained where a Covered Person is the operator and does not possess a current and valid motor vehicle operator’s license, except in a Driver’s Education Program.
- Treatment in any Veteran’s Administration or federal Hospital, except if there is a legal obligation to pay.
- Cosmetic surgery, except for re-constructive surgery on an injured part of the body.
- Covered Charges incurred outside of the United States or its possessions.
- Competing in motor sports races or competitions
- Competing in water sports races or competitions
- Testing cars/trucks on any racetrack or speedway
- Handling, storing or transporting explosives
- Scaling up cliffs or mountain walls
- Spelunking (exploring caves)
- Handling or working with dangerous animals.
- Injury sustained while participating in a rodeo.
- Re-injury or complications of an Injury caused or contributed to by a condition that existed before the Accident.